Car Paint Service – Auckland
There are a few different types of car paint services that we provide. We can help with:
- Touch up paint
- Collision repair paintwork
- Colour changes or resprays
There are different techniques involved, depending on which car paint service you require. The other main difference between these types of car paint services is the surface area affected. Generally speaking, touch up paint jobs involve a smaller area of your vehicle than collision repair paintwork.
Colour changes can involve the full body of your car – completely changing its colour – or it can involve just some of the panels. Often, we have customers who want to change the colour or finish of just parts of their vehicle for a unique aesthetic look. And sometimes, if a panel has been swapped in from a used car, it needs to be colour matched. You may also want just sections of your car painted to match company branding.
How much does it cost to paint a car in Auckland?
All of these factors will impact how much it costs to paint a car.
If you give us a call at Mt Roskill Collision Centre, we’d be more than happy to give you a customised quote for car paint for your vehicle.
There are a few things that will affect how much it might cost to have your car painted:
- Is there any damage to repair? If your vehicle has been in a collision and there are dents, scratches or missing parts, these will need to be repaired or replaced before we can do a good job of painting your car.
- What time of paint or finish is on your car already? If your car has had a number of DIY paint jobs that haven’t been done properly, or it has had the wrong type of paint or coating put on it, there may be extra work involved in getting your vehicle prepared for its new paintwork.
- Are you looking for a complete or partial paint job? Most people want their car painted completely, however some car enthusiasts come to us with unique design ideas where they want only some panels painted. This will affect the amount of prep work we do, how much paint we use, any specialist skills required, etc.
- Do you require a customised colour or finish? If you’re trying to colour match to something non-standard, or you would like us to use a unique finishing effect, there may be additional costs for your car paintwork.
- What size and model of car is it? Generally speaking, and we mean very generally speaking, a small car will be less expensive to prep and paint than a much larger vehicle, such as an SUV or ute. A four-door sedan may be less expensive to work on than a luxury sports car. There may not be much of a time difference in the actual spraying or painting done, but there may be a noticeable discrepancy in the amount of preparation that needs to be done (similar to how much masking you need to do around doors and windows when you paint around your house).
- Will insurance pay for it? This won’t affect our costs, but it may affect how much you end up paying out of your own pocket. If your car has been involved in a collision, you may be able to claim the paintwork costs with your insurance claim.
- Do you want the best results for your car? The amount of experience your panel beater has will probably affect how much they charge you. But hold up – we’re not saying that the more experienced car painters are the most expensive. In fact, the opposite is usually true. Because the team at Mt Roskill Collision Centre is highly experienced, we’re also highly efficient and knowledgeable. We know exactly what technique will work best, where to source the best materials from, and how to save time safely and efficiently – which all helps to get you the best price in Auckland for your car paintwork.
How to make your vehicle paintwork last longer?
There are a few things you can do to help keep your car paint looking great as long as possible:
- Don’t park under trees. Falling branches can scratch your car, birds nesting or sitting on branches might leave unwanted droppings on your car, and leaves and blossoms may leave sticky residue on your car.
- Don’t leave bird poop on your car. This is one of the most common causes of damage to car paint; wash it off as quickly as you can.
- Don’t be in such a rush. Most scrapes and scratches are the result of us misjudging corners, not noticing gate posts, or banging car doors into each other in a shared garage. All because we’re in too much of a hurry.
- Don’t do it yourself. Painting a car is best left for the experts who have the right tools, paints, solvents and time to do the job properly.
For a no-obligation quote to have your vehicle painted – whether you want a full or partial car paint – please get in touch with the experts at Mt Roskill Collision Centre.
How much does it cost for touch up paint in Auckland?
This is a unique service, and the costs depend on the extent of work needed and whether there is damage to replace.
The Mt Roskill Collision Centre promise
Our goal is to have everyone on New Zealand roads driving safely. We offer a lifetime guarantee on our car repairs from our panel beating and collision repair service centre in Mt Roskill, Auckland. Contact us online or call us on 0800 227 762 for a free quote or to book an appointment.