Wheel Alignment Service Auckland
Accurate wheel alignment for a car is one of the most important factors for a good performing car. Having a wheel alignment is one of the most essential services your vehicle needs. If you have not done this There are several key reasons why you should book your car for a wheel alignment services, including:
- Safety of your vehicle
- Improving the suspension and performance of your vehicle.
- Supports fuel efficiency
- Preserves the quality of your tires
- Correct wheel alignment will create a more comfortable ride – especially if you do a lot of motorway driving.
If your wheels are not aligned properly, you may feel your car pulling to one side or vibrating slightly. You may also feel like you need to grip the steering wheel tighter than usual to keep your vehicle in the centre of your lane.
All you need to know about Wheel Alignment service
What is Involved in a Wheel Alignment?
To improve overall car stability and handling, every car model has a certain position of the front (and rear) wheels relative to each other and the road plane. The parameters of camber, convergence and caster are usually called wheel alignment angles.
When we check your car’s wheel alignment, we check all the necessary mechanical factors, ensuring that all four tyres are lined up in a straight line and not angled to one side (parallel to each other and perpendicular to the ground).
We also, however, check the tilt of your tyres (their caster and camber), their thrust and ride height. We’ll ensure that all four tyres have the appropriate angle and height measurements, so they’re working together to give you the safest, smoothest and most fuel-efficient ride.
Once we’ve analysed your car’s steering and suspension angles, we’ll make adjustments, rotate or replace tyres, and let you know of any additional work that may be needed.
How often do you need a wheel alignment?
Many motorists are probably wondering if it is necessary to align car wheels, and how often should it be done? When it comes to knowing if your vehicle is due for this service, there are two main signals
- Has your vehicle been involved in a collision? If so, you should definitely have your wheel alignment checked. Even if you consider the collision to be a minor one, or just a relatively straightforward nose to tail at low speed, it’s important to have it checked. There may be hidden damage, or there may have been previous alignment issues that have now become worse with this seemingly minor incident.
- Has it been more than 6 months since your last wheel alignment? We recommend having a wheel alignment every 6 months (depending on how much driving you do) or after every 10,000 kms. If you’re a heavy use driver (kms per year), it’s best to have your tyres and wheel alignment checked at least twice a year. The same frequency also applies if you live rurally and regularly drive on unsealed or bumpy roads, or you drive off-road a lot.
The experienced team at Mt Roskill Collision Centre can give you advice on how often you need to have a wheel alignment based on your specific vehicle and driving conditions.
When do I need a wheel alignment service?
The vehicle pulls to the right or left while driving. There can be several reasons – from the slope of the road and a flat tire to the need to replace the steering rods or wheel bearing. But most often it is the adjustment of the toe-camber that helps to return the correct trajectory of the car.
It is easy to check this: on a flat and straight section of the road where there are not many cars, release the steering wheel and follow the movement of the car. If the car is not moving in a straight line but is pulling to the side, wobbling and taxiing, that’s when you know you need a to service your wheel alignment.
Wheel Alignment Cost
Our standard wheel alignment cost is $85 (GST Inclusive), which includes:
- Full Toe adjustment
- Camber & Caster adjustment
For all details on this service, get in touch with the experts at Mt Roskill Collision Centre to book your next wheel alignment.