Panel Beaters Auckland – Car touch up paint
Over time, your vehicle will need a car paint repair, whether the whole car or just a touch up. You may have had a collision that has affected the paintwork. Perhaps someone who parked next to you has opened their car door too aggressively and hit your car. You may notice minor scratches that appear from school bags or sports bags brushing up against the side of the car every morning and afternoon. Or you may notice some of the car paint is chipped, but you’re not sure how. These things are all perfectly normal and make it quite hard to maintain a pristine paint job.
This is where a car paint repair job such as a touch up can make a huge difference.
What is a touch up paint job?
A touch up paint job is one where we’re improving the appearance of your car where it has stone chips, dings, dents and scratches. It is different from panel paintwork, where we’re painting larger sections of your vehicle.
For a touch up paint job, we’ll first check to see if there is any damage that needs repairing. This may be superficial damage, such as filling in dents, buffing of stone chips, replacing small parts. Where it’s necessary, we’ll check for other damage, such as a cracked chassis or a door that doesn’t close properly, etc.
Car paint repair jobs such as touch up painting involve several steps. Depending on what we’re painting, and is best left to the professionals. Aside from repairing damage, we may need to sand or buff, apply filler, use a base coat, and then perfectly colour match. While it may seem complicated, we’ve been doing this for years. And have the right equipment and knowledge to make the job as quick as possible to get your vehicle back on the road as soon as we can.
Why is touch up paint necessary?
There are three main reasons why it’s important to keep up with regular touch up paint as required.
- First, touch up paint will help keep your car in good condition. The danger with dents, dings or scratches that are left unpainted is that they can very easily worsen if you don’t buff, polish or paint them. That small stone chip soon becomes a larger issue every time someone brushes past it with a bag or jacket.
- Second, regular touch up paint jobs will help keep your car looking at its best. This, in turn, helps to keep its value up. If you’re going to one day sell your vehicle, even the most minor scratches will affect the sale price. A car with dings or scratches left unpainted tells a prospective buyer that you haven’t looked after your car as well as possible. Many buyers will see it as a sign that other issues haven’t been tended to.
- The third and most important reason touch-up paint is essential is that it can help detect more serious problems. When we work on a car for a touch up paint job, we always take a look to see if the dings and dents are the sign of more extensive damage to the vehicle. Sometimes there is internal damage to other parts of the car that have been left alone, but that need repairing. Looking after the external appearance of your vehicle goes hand in hand with making sure all the other parts are working properly and safely as well.
What are the benefits of having panel beaters Auckland touch up the paint?
There are many reasons why it makes sense to leave your car paint repairs jobs to the professional panel beaters Auckland:
- We have a full range of paint colours, tints, base coats and finishes to match your existing paint perfectly.
- Our team of experts can touch up paint on older models as well as new cars.
- Our specialists know how to buff, polish and repair so that the paint is applied correctly and lasts longer.
- We can assess for underlying damage that may be hidden beneath a dent.
- We’re equipped with all the right tools and equipment and can do it in a fraction of the time it would take a DIYer.
- Having your car paint repair job done professionally will help preserve the value of your vehicle.
Why isn’t YouTube and a bit of DIY enough?
If you’re looking through videos trying to teach yourself how to paint your vehicle. Then you’re probably not a trained panel beater. We don’t recommend you try to learn how to do a proper touch up paint job yourself. You’ll end up spending money for supplies you don’t need and probably more paint than you need.
The steps required in a car paint repair job depend on a few things. Such as the extent of the damage, how much buffing and repair work is required ahead of painting, and what type of paint is required. It’s not enough to just cover over a dent with some paint.
Having your vehicle looked after by professional car paint repairs experts is not an expensive exercise. You’ll likely find that the cost of your time and supplies from the hardware store (which may not be appropriate). Are more expensive than the work we can do for you at Mt Roskill Collision Centre. So if you’ve got a few scratches, dents or dings that you want us to look at. Please call us on 0800 227 762 and we can give you a quote.
The Mt Roskill Collision Centre promise
Our goal is to have everyone on New Zealand roads driving safely. We offer a lifetime guarantee on our car repairs from our panel beating and collision repair service centre in Mt Roskill, Auckland. Contact us online or call us on 0800 227 762 for a free quote or to book an appointment.