Car Touch Up Paint NZ
If you’ve purchased a used car or have owned your current car for a few years, you may notice that it might need a car touch up as its paintwork is not as tidy as it used to be. No matter how careful we try to be, our vehicles tend to get everything from minor scratches to more noticeable scrapes to larger dents and dings.
If you own a work vehicle, you may share your car with others who aren’t as fastidious as you are. If you are a parent, you may have children that don’t realise how easily their doors can become scratched. Or if you’re a busy person in general, you may not notice how often you inadvertently scratch your car when you have your hands full, when you wear jewellery, when you rest things on the roof or the bonnet, etc. Additionally, let’s not forget those dreaded posts in car parking garages that sneak up on us out of nowhere to sideswipe our car.
At some point, you’re likely to need some vehicle or car touch ups. At Mt Roskill Collision, we can help get your car, van or truck looking fresh as new.
How much does it cost for car paint touch-up?
The answer to this is, it depends.
There are a few ways we can freshen up the paintwork on your vehicle. For instance, we’ll look at a few factors and the costs involved, and discuss these options with you.
How long do you intend to keep your vehicle? Do you share your vehicle with other drivers? How important is the appearance of your car to you or to your work image?
One of the most important things we’ll consider when you need vehicle or car touch up paint in NZ is whether or not there is underlying damage to the vehicle. Some panel beaters in Auckland will simply paint over damage, whether it is a minor scrape, scratch, rust or corrosion on an older vehicle. Not at Mt Roskill Collision. To us, that’s cheating you and just set you up for more unnecessary expense later on when the damage reappears.
Therefore, in order for a good car touch up paint job to set, we need to consider whether any repair work is first required. This can be anything from buffing a spot to knocking out a dent, to replacing specific parts before painting.
If we’re spraying a panel, we take special care to prepare the area. Similar to how you would mask up an area that you’re painting in your house. We pay special attention to adjacent surfaces and their materials, be they metal, plastic or glass.
The most common things that affect the price of car touch ups are:
- the size of the area needing touch ups
- any intricate details in the area needing touch ups
- the amount of damage, if any, to the area needing paint
- your preference for non-standard paint colours or finishes
How to make your vehicle paintwork last longer
There are a few things you can do to prevent having to pay for unnecessary vehicle paint touch-ups:
- Don’t park under trees. Falling branches can scratch your car, birds nesting or sitting on branches might leave unwanted droppings on your car, and leaves and blossoms may leave sticky residue on your car.
- Don’t leave bird poop on your car. This is one of the most common causes of damage to car paint; wash it off as quickly as you can.
- Don’t be in such a rush. Most scrapes and scratches are the result of us misjudging corners, not noticing gate posts, or banging car doors into each other in a shared garage. All because we’re in too much of a hurry.
- Don’t do it yourself. Touching up a car is best left for the experts who have the right tools, paints, solvents and time to do the job properly.
For a no-obligation quote on vehicle and car touch up paint in NZ, please get in touch with the experts at Mt Roskill Collision.
The Mt Roskill Collision promise
Our goal is to have everyone on New Zealand roads driving safely. We offer a lifetime guarantee on our car repairs from our panel beating and collision repair service centre in Mt Roskill, Auckland. Contact us online or call us on 0800227762 for a free quote or to book an appointment.